The post holder will be expected to:
• Lead the promotion and development of service provision to ensure quality, continuous improvement and positive outcomes for service users are achieved
• Actively develop and continuously improve integrated working with key stakeholders and multi-agency partners
• Provide overall leadership, management and guidance to team members in order to meet the needs of the service
• Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, policy and procedures
• Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures, national care standards and professional codes of practice
• Ensure continued professional development and maintain a professional registration
• Overall responsibility for the effective management of resources including financial expenditure and compliance with financial regulations
The post holder will be expected to undertake a range of tasks as appropriate to the role and responsibilities. These may include all or some of the following but are not restricted to:
• Resource Management
o Input and manage a yearly budget, identify trends and formulate and deliver action plans to deliver the service within budget.
o To manage internal and external environmental factors that impact on the delivery of the service.
o To manage Health and Safety policy and procedures ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
o Implement and promote Bon Accord Care policies and procedures.
• Staff Management
o Responsible for the management of staff in accordance with Bon Accord Care HR policies and procedure including convening and chairing formal meetings.
o Formulate and deliver action plans to ensure the workforce meet the company targets.
o Manage and deploy staff to meet the business needs of the company.
o Manage and identify training and development requirements for staff ensuring the appropriate level of training is maintained.
• Service Management
o Manage the service in accordance with best practice, policy, procedure and relevant legislation.
o Research current initiatives and good practice including guidance from local and national strategies to develop and enhance the service accordingly.
o Monitor and evaluate management information to ensure the service is delivering good outcomes for service users.
o Manage the screening, prioritising and allocation of referrals.
o Actively engage with all key stakeholders involved in the delivery of good outcomes for Bon Accord Care service users.
o Respond to complaints and concerns in accordance with Bon Accord Care’s policy and procedure.
o Lead and/or participate in project management activities.
o Complete and analyse Quality Assurance audits for the service.
Interviews will be arranged for week commencing 11 January. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Alison Wills on 07455 156995.